Saturday 25 April 2009

Of all things and nothing...

Well, okay...life has been busy. And i do not have any better excuse for not writing.
So, I have been quite the globe trotter now, as my friends keep saying, but duuuuudes, the trip to Japan is just my second trip. But what do you know, I like the title already ;)

I left London on 22nd of November last year, but i would definitely like to return someday.
Then I went to Bangalore after spending a week at home with mom and dad and getting spoilt. I didn't really do much on the vacation but sleep all day and spent the night chatting on the internet with old friends. My parents got really frustrated at this night-owl-resembling behaviour of mins but heyy, they sympathised with my 'jet-lag'. ha ha.
Guys and gals, you might think that all those bloody NRIs who come back after spending time 'abroad' are all just a bunch of pretentious bastards with huge goggles and big bags, sweating and heaving along the roads of India with upturned noses. But actually, it is really difficult once your body gets adjusted to the cool weather and clean air of the 'foreignlands'.

Godddd, bangalore sucked initially. I had to travel in local buses to reach office and back, and i was hustled and bustled by people stinking sweat and coconut oil and wilted flowers and trust me, it was not pleasant even remotely.
And finding a house is such a pain - firstly, it's damn expensive!!! and secondly the contracts are for a year or more. Ergo, I decided to go for a PG and blimey, i have never witnessed such pathetic living conditions before. I mean, is this the so-called tech-city?? Narrow bunklike beds in a cockroach ridden room at times divided into several smaller spaces by plywoods (termite ridden ones - you got to look carefully), badly cooked unhygeinic food. Euuugggghhh!!!
I almost gave up, but then I found my haven, a nice litle 4 bhk just 20 mins walk from my office. woo hooooo!! Best thing was that the owner didn't stay with us and so it was almost like a rented place...with really low rent ;o)) and it was clean and spacious....
There were these amazing girls and we totally formed an awesome gang there.
We used to host pajama parties until 4AM and finish off a whole large VODKA bottle ..tee hee hee.
And since it was a residential colony of sorts, there used to be these guards patrolling at nights and they used to come up to our room and actually bang on our doors to ask us to bring down the noise. I personally think they were just jealous...you know we gals having a blast on Saturday nights and they doing patrolling....get the picture?
I actually screamed at them the first time under dutch courage - "Ye koi tareeka haiiii? Akele Ladkiyon ke ghar 12 baje aake is tarah se koi darwaaza knock karta hai kyaaa?? ' hahaha...i don't believe myself...

But seriously, it used to be fun. And then we used to talk and scream and tickle each other just for fun and talk all sorts of g-talks and generally hang out. I never cooked so these gals used to cook for me and i loved them for it.

Then there was my actual roomie, who was this amazingle sweet girl, who was married and away from here husband and really sad because of it. She had some issues, so I used to spend lot of time actually counselling her. I realised I have this hidden talent, maybe I can undertake a course or something and turn into a shrink, or just open a counselling bar or something - A tall glass of rum free..free..freee'. Yayyy!!!

Office used to be fun too, we used to go to this awesome pub called 'Purple Haze' which was just in front of our office and hang out almost every friday night...and generally talk over pitchers.
Sigh, those were good days.

But they are now over, and here I am in T-o-k-y-o.
Nice city..hi-tech and all...strange people who talk in a sing-song way...awfully hardworking (ohh nooo :(() but not that much fun.

But all about this in another blog.

For now...this is me signing off...with a song from Greenday..I hope you had the time of your life my friends, coz i sure know I did.

~Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.
It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.

I hope you had the time of your life.
So take the photographs
and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories
and dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth,
it was worth all the while.

1 comment:

Pradosh said...

Oooh I see you have started blogging !!! How come you didnt send me the link before ??
Anyway see if you can post your travails in Japan regularly ...