Thursday 26 November 2009

I feel like Atlas and I want to shrug.....

...and today...i choose to give up - not because i don't have the strength, but because I have finally decided to listen to the tiny voice in my head telling me all this time, that the thing i have been trying desperately to salvage is just not worth it.
I feel like I have walked through the scorching desert sands, bearing the overpowering heat, strongly and silently plodding on, forwards towards the horizon and now I have lost the will to go on. I choose to retreat - not because the goal seems too far, but because I realize I am moving farther away from the core of my life not towards it.
I choose to break down into sobs and let the tears wash through my heart and soul - not because I am too weak hide my emotions, but because they help me let go of the bonds tied around me and lay glistening as a life elixir healing the wounds.
Yes, those wounds that are the result of the care, the trust and the love I carelessly gave away.
I have been thinking, but today, I choose to let go of the guilt, the shame, the sorrow, the blame.

Another day will come, and another soul will raid my life and plunder through the treasures and I will yet again hold on - until I choose.

No comments: