Monday 16 June 2008

Why things never end up the way you plan...

There would be nothing to forward to life then. It would just plain kill the sense of adventure, the thrill of living...
Right! As if this mundane, clockwork life-style that we do live can be described as an adventure.
But then, when we talk about our lives to people, we never really mention our typical uneventful day, do we? We speak about those things which caught us unawares, out of the blue, and just lead us down a completely different path.
That path travelling which we have reached where we stand right now.

I read somewhere that life is all about making choices. It does make a lot of sense. I mean, you choose your friends, your job, your education, your soul mate...and the list usually covers all the so-called important aspects of a standard life.
I do have faith in choices and so I make mine very carefully. Given any situation i usually analyse, all the pros and cons, all amounting to one thing - 'Thou shalt not regret'. Yeah, that used to be my eleventh commandment...one of the greatest sins anyone can commit according to me, coz you have just one life and there should be no place in it for regrets!

And just when you are striding along feeling all proud of yourself and you have a small teasing voice whispering in your ear 'Go on Gal...Life's been good so far', someone throws a huge hurdle in you way.

There I am suddenly face-to-face with my worst fears, biggest dilemmas, most traumatic situations ever. How do you make any choices (forget right or wrong) when your mind just gives up? No amount of training can actually prepare any person for situations which force humans to accept humbly the strength of a divine power, simply because nothing is in their control anymore.

Every single person stands up and shines in a calm and sunny weather. It is all about what the storm does to them.

There are things in life which challenge the very foundation of your faith. You grow up believing in things and suddenly you are not sure what your beliefs are.

I have now realised that I am a human being, a flawed person. I am no God or saint.

I also know that when you enter this world to live a life you sign a contract till the end. You cannot give up or give in. You just have to move on.

Good deeds, bad deeds, happiness, disaster all just make you who you are and etch out the path that you need to travel. If you knew that your life will end in the next 10 mins, would you do anything differently? No. It would take you more than 10 mins to decide what you want to do anyways, that's just us.

So, I have decided, I will let life take it's own course and do just what makes me happy. Happiness can't go wrong. If i am happy till the end of my life, I have lived. That's what matters.

So, bring it on! I am ready for it.

No comments: